SkinVision is on a mission to save 250k lives in the next decade by revolutionising the way we care about your skin. Our technology empowers people to manage their skin health, enabling an efficient connection between users and the health system through a sophisticated yet easy to use mobile application available for download on any smartphone. With over 800k active users and more than 25k users joining us every month, we are constantly looking to grow our team with professionals who are driven by purpose and are challengers by nature.
We are hiring a Data Engineer who will improve the quality of our skin cancer detection service, ensuring we continue to lead positive change and deliver value to our users. Are you looking for a role at the crossroads of infrastructure, data and analytics? This role is the perfect fit for you.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with a passion for development and infra/devops engineering with a solid backing in data processing techniques. In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the architecture, infrastructure, pipelines and tooling to unlock the raw data in the various sources that we use in our systems. You will provide a solid data infrastructure, tooling and processing to deliver new insights and capabilities for our end users, healthcare eco-system,, and other partners and drive a seamless skin health journey that takes SkinVision to the next level. The ideal candidate thinks out of the box and acts strategically to discern which problems are important, articulating to the rest of team the vision you are building for our data team.
- Building, testing and validation of data pipelines with a focus on data reliability including the infrastructure and tooling that we need.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Monitor for inconsistencies in our data definitions or processing and define and build effective strategies for dealing with them
- Model logical and physical data schemes
- Enabling and running data migrations across database schemes.
- Improve data governance across the business in accordance with the standards within the healthcare industry.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data, including writing tooling and tests
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with data scientists and product development teams to improve the quality of or product and processes.
What you will bring in
- You have a Bachelor degree in exact sciences such as Computer Science, Econometrics, AI or Physics. Affinity for the health industry is definitely a plus.
- You have at least 2 year experience working as a Data Engineer building infrastructure, processing pipelines and tooling.
- You have experience working with GIT for version control.
- You know the in and outs of setting up, running and maintaining data processing infrastructures in the cloud (AWS), terraform.
- You have hands-on experience working with data storage or processing frameworks such as RedShift, Snowflake, Kafka or the like.
- Data processing frameworks and pipelines such as AWS Glue, dbt, StitchData/FiveTra are your expertise.
- Your knowledge of SQL (Postgres) and Python is extensive. Demonstrable knowledge of other languages is a plus (e.g. Java).
- You think in terms of data processing concepts (such as ETL, ELT) and you are able to reason about their pros and cons.
- You understand physical and logical data models and its implications on the data quality.
- Your software engineering mindset leads you to apply industry best practices in your day to day work.
- You are proficient of English both verbally and written. Domain of other languages are certainly a plus.
- Competitive salary and an annual bonus.
- Personal budget for self-development.
- Learning opportunities such as monthly Lunch & Learn sessions and group trainings.
- Autonomy and accountability to bring in your own vision around your role and how you can impact the business.
- Opportunity to change the lives of millions of people around the world.
- Work-life balance and flexible working environment.
- Indefinite contract.
Not sure if you are qualified?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women tend to only apply only when they check every box. If you feel energised by our mission and would like to use your first-class talent to accelerate the growth of SkinVision but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still apply. We'd love to receive your application and see if you could be a good fit.